Intel® Data Plane Development Kit: Getting Started Guide
This document contains instructions for installing and configuring the Intel® Data Plane Development Kit (Intel® DPDK) software. It is designed to get customers up and running quickly. The document describes how to compile and run an Intel® DPDK application in a Linux* application (linuxapp) environment, without going deeply into the detail.
The following is a list of Intel® DPDK documents in the suggested reading order:
• Release Notes: Provides release-specific information, including supported features, limitations, fixed issues, known issues and so on. Also, provides the answers to frequently asked questions in FAQ format.
• Getting Started Guide: Describes how to install and configure the Intel® DPDK; designed to get users up and running quickly with the software.
• Programmer's Guide: Describes the software architecture and how to use it (through examples), specifically in a Linux* application (linuxapp) environment, the content of the Intel® DPDK, the build system (including the commands that can be used in the root Intel® DPDK Makefile to build the development kit and an application) and guidelines for porting an application, and optimizations used in the software and those that should be considered for new development. A glossary of terms is also provided.
• API Reference: Provides detailed information about Intel® DPDK functions, data structures and other programming constructs.
• Sample Applications User Guide: Describes a set of sample applications. Each chapter describes a sample application that showcases specific functionality and provides instructions on how to compile, run and use the sample application.
Read the full Intel® Data Plane Development Kit: Getting Started Guide.