Intel® Data Plane Development Kit: Programmer’s Guide
This document provides software architecture information, development environment information and optimization guidelines. For programming examples and for instructions on compiling and running each sample application, see the documentation in the relevant sub-directory under the examples directory in the Intel® DPDK framework. For general information on compiling and running applications, see the Getting Started Guide.
The following is a list of Intel® DPDK documents in the suggested reading order:
• Release Notes: Provides release-specific information, including supported features, limitations, fixed issues, known issues and so on. Also provides the answers to frequently asked questions in FAQ format.
• Getting Started Guide: Describes how to install and configure the Intel® DPD software; designed to get users up and running quickly with the software.
• Programmer's Guide: Describes: The software architecture and how to use it (through examples), specifically in a Linux* application (linuxapp) environment, the content of the Intel® DPDK, the build system (including the commands that can be used in the root Intel® DPDK Makefile to build the development kit and an application) and guidelines for porting an application, optimizations used in the software and those that should be considered for new development. A glossary of terms is also provided.
• API Reference: Provides detailed information about Intel® DPDK functions, data structures and other programming constructs.
• Sample Applications User Guide: Describes a set of sample applications. Each chapter describes a sample application that showcases specific functionality and provides instructions on how to compile, run and use the sample application.
Read the full Intel® Data Plane Development Kit: Programmer’s Guide.