Intel® Ethernet Unified Networking for iSCSI
Intel® Ethernet Server Adapters are the easiest, most reliable, and most cost-effective way to connect servers to iSCSI SANs. They eliminate the need for expensive, proprietary iSCSI adapters, saving costs, and simplifying your storage infrastructure.
Storage Area Network (SAN) growth, particularly among iSCSI-based SANs, has been increasing in recent years, driven by data-intensive business operations, including virtualization, data retention, and storage backup.
The iSCSI standard allows storage traffic transmission over Ethernet networks. Growth in iSCSI deployments has been fueled by the advantages iSCSI offers over other SAN technologies:
- Simplicity. Using familiar Internet Protocol (IP) and Ethernet network equipment and cables reduces cost and time to train IT staff.
- Low cost. Integration with existing Ethernet networks requires no special, expensive equipment, and support with the rest of the network is seamless.
- Ease of Integration. All major server OSes include native iSCSI initiators that request services from storage devices, so servers ship iSCSI-ready.
Intel Ethernet Server Adapters: Ideal for iSCSI
Intel Ethernet Server Adapters are optimized for iSCSI, delivering outstanding performance, and stability while helping to simplify your network infrastructure.
Intel Ethernet Server Adapters deliver numerous advantages over other iSCSI solutions:
- Native OS initiator support provides solid stability and greater simplicity than proprietary solutions.
- Hardware-based iSCSI acceleration features deliver outstanding performance across Intel's GbE and 10GbE product lines.
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT) for Connectivity (Intel® VT-c) increases throughput in virtualized servers.
The latest 10 Gigabit Intel Ethernet Server Adapters deliver new levels of iSCSI throughput on today's multicore processor-based servers in both virtualized and non-virtualized environments.